Somehow I don't think I'm going to make it until my actual due date. I could be completely wrong, but my gut tells me otherwise. I've thought all along that this might be a November baby, but lately I've also been getting tons of comments from other people corroborating my theory :-) Either people act very surprised when they find out that I am not due until December, or they flat out tell me that they don't think I'll make it until then. Even my OB agrees. She also told me that that after 35 weeks, they won't stop me if I go into labor. That means that a week from today, it's really "any time now". In light of this, I asked Michael to install the carseat yesterday on his day off, while I was on call. I feel completely unprepared and still have so many things to do, but I figure that as long as we have the carseat ready and a place for him to sleep when he comes home, the rest will come together. I'm not sure how we'll get everything else done since we have no days off or even post-call days together for the rest of the month, though.
On another note, I walked out of the hospital in my usual post-call stupor this morning and was very excited to notice that the weather has changed and really feels like fall. I love fall...the crisp air, Halloween and Thanksgiving, hot apple cider, leaves changing color. When I was a kid, we used to go to Oak Glen (in the San Bernardino mountains) to pick apples and then to Julian for the most delicious apple pie. Since Florida is as flat as a pancake, I doubt I'll be apple-picking in the mountains, but I'll still enjoy the weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment