Wednesday, July 30, 2008

An affair

I'm having an affair with my own husband. That's kind of how I feel when I see him in the ED. We have to act like professionals (ha!), but I'm sure it's obvious that there's something going on and I feel like we're sneaking around. Unfortunately, I hardly have to consult general surgery when I'm working, and when I do have to consult them, he's never the one on call. Tonight, I was getting off work at 1am and he was on call so we got to have "dinner" (I don't know what meal that is at 1 am) together in the cafeteria. Before this lovely cafeteria dinner, I met him on one of the floors where he was going to do a procedure on a patient. The patient needed help getting back to bed, so Team Reader helped him out...one of us on each side. I'm pretty sure the patient thought Michael was the doctor and I was the nurse. Oh well, I'm used to that.

1 comment:

Jen @ the mama years said...

amen. Nothing like a hot cafeteria dinner date to bring back the romance! Hope you are both well :)